Sunday, September 23, 2007

Very exciting bathroom choices

While demo and construction is happening in other places in the house, Jeff and I have been trying to finalize our decisions and purchases for the bathroom remodel. I wanted a vintage-style bathroom for this house, complete with beadboard on the walls and a clawfoot tub.

Being the eBay junkie I am, I found a really cool 67" slipper tub and ordered it last Monday. Jeff asked me later in the week what kind of feet I got with the tub and I told him I made casts of his feet when he's let his toenails get really long and gnarly. HA! Wouldn't that be a funny-looking tub?! I'm surprised some post-modern bathroom designer hasn't tried to sell something like that yet.

But seriously, I got chrome feet for the tub. And the tub vendor kitted us out with a complete plumbing and shower enclosure to Jeff's and my very exacting requirements. While I'm super excited about the tub, I'm also way giddy about the 8" rainshower head. Here's a close approximation of what we got, minus the hand-held shower and rainhead.


Our other major purchases came today. After having our first choice tile order get canceled due to the ole' discontinued excuse, Jeff and I found a really nice marble tile at Tile Outlet which is right down the street from our apartment. It's an elegant honed carrara in that classic "log cabin" design. I really don't know if that's the name of the pattern, but it reminds me of that quilting pattern. The best part of this purchase was being able to "cash and carry" it home immediately. If demo can start on the bathroom this week, we may see the floor done very soon.

In the meantime, we still need to decide if we're sold on a sink I found at Salvage One and what kind of medicine cabinet and wall sconces to get. Hopefully that will get checked off this week.

No comments: